Unofficial WA Reds supporters Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 7 vs Newcastle Knights (history being created)

3 posters

Go down

Round 7 vs Newcastle Knights (history being created) Empty Round 7 vs Newcastle Knights (history being created)

Post by Redszone Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:15 pm

Sunday, Newcastle Knights vs Western Australia Reds @ Ausgrid Stadium, 9:55 AM

The Western Australian Reds have a chance to create history. They have the chance to be the first team to win (or lose) at Austgrid stadium under its new name and with its new grandstand.

Round 7 vs Newcastle Knights (history being created) 00005828-image

1. Daniel Westerduin
2. Luke Turner
3. Landre Te Kahu
4. Louie David
5. Dylan Rintoul
6. Eddie Proudler (c)
7. Jaline Graham
8. Ross Mati-Leifi
9. Kaine Buckwell
10. Tom Fry
11. Clinton Strickland
12. Anthony Poi
13. Ethan Reynolds (vc)
14. Jake Collins
15. Kieran Culgan
16. Jason Doran
17. Ryan Woodruff
18. Nathan Wall
19. Mikey Gray

COACH: Andrew Korn
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

https://wa-redszone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Round 7 vs Newcastle Knights (history being created) Empty Re: Round 7 vs Newcastle Knights (history being created)

Post by grared Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:34 am

I like your sense of humor!!!

It will be their toughest challenge to date, and I believe they are staying to watch the NRL match afterwards.

Good luck to the boys.

grared

Back to top Go down

Round 7 vs Newcastle Knights (history being created) Empty Re: Round 7 vs Newcastle Knights (history being created)

Post by Redszone Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Newcastle Knights 40-16 Western Australian Reds
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 7 vs Newcastle Knights (history being created) Empty WA Reds SG Ball vs Knights

Post by grared Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:17 pm

I watched the game yesterday and the first half was horrible, however a spirited fight back in the second half saw the Reds lay on 3 great tries 2 of which appeared to be from set plays.

The game appeared to change for the Reds when they put no 14 on as hooker, he appeared to have the forwards and outside backs running with much more determination with some great passing from the rucks and bootlace tackles.

For mine, the players of the match were number 4, 1 and 14.

Should the boys play their last two games for the full 70 minutes as well as they did in the second half yesterday they will overcome the Raiders and Panthers without doubt.

grared

Back to top Go down

Post by Redszone Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Louie David, Daniel Westerduin and Jake Collins are the names of the players that really impressed you.

I think you covered the report on Collins well, how did David and Westerduin impress you?
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grared Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:59 am

In my view Westerduin went well and appears to be improving with each game

grared

Back to top Go down

Post by map88 Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:38 am

Personally, I'd really like them to win a few more games, Hopefully it will persuade the NRL bosses even more....
map88
map88

Back to top Go down

Post by Redszone Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:38 pm

That would be nice, however it is more about developing the talent then results. They will get better and better over time, and these current players will be much better for the experience of losing in a few years time.
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by map88 Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Yes, but what better reward to developing talent, then winning? I'm sure that they will be amazing in time, But patience isn't my strong point. I just want to see them succeed Smile. It will be great for WARL NRL, And Australia.
map88
map88

Back to top Go down

Round 7 vs Newcastle Knights (history being created) Empty WA Reds SG Ball vs Knights

Post by grared Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Sorry I missed commenting on David, he played strong, took the ball up non stop when it was given to him and tackled well.

All three of them are very committed and in my opinion, they have a big future if given the chance and taken up by the Reds or rival clubs.

grared

Back to top Go down

Post by grared Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:50 pm

map88 wrote:Yes, but what better reward to developing talent, then winning? I'm sure that they will be amazing in time, But patience isn't my strong point. I just want to see them succeed Smile. It will be great for WARL NRL, And Australia.

Be very patient!!!!! if the WARL play their cards right with most of these boys, they will be winners in the very near future.

grared

Back to top Go down

Post by Redszone Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:58 pm

I know for a fact that she is trying her very hardest to be patient grared and I'm sure no body will be more excited then Map88 when they do become winners.

Last edited by map88 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grared Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Redszone wrote:I know for a fact that she is trying her very hardest to be patient grared and I'm sure no body will be more excited then Map88 when they do become winners.

Good on her, I believe it will happen sooner than she realises.

grared

Back to top Go down

Post by grared Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:24 pm

grared wrote:
Redszone wrote:I know for a fact that she is trying her very hardest to be patient grared and I'm sure no body will be more excited then Map88 when they do become winners.

Good on her, I believe it will happen sooner than she realises.

I am also told that should they not play Doran and Collins for the entire game against the Panthers in two weeks time they would be making a big mistake as they have played with, and against these players for most of their footballing lives. It will be interesting to see what happens there.

grared

Back to top Go down

Post by Redszone Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:46 pm

If they have played against them before, doesn't that mean they will know what they will be up against and therefore the best prepared for it?
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by grared Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:59 am

Redszone wrote:If they have played against them before, doesn't that mean they will know what they will be up against and therefore the best prepared for it?

Exactly right!!!!

grared

Back to top Go down

Round 7 vs Newcastle Knights (history being created) Empty WA Reds SG Ball

Post by grared Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Redszone wrote:If they have played against them before, doesn't that mean they will know what they will be up against and therefore the best prepared for it?

Exactly right. I'll be watching the Panthers v West Sydney Academy game this coming weekend and will keep you updated on what I think our chances will be against them in a fortnight.

I find it a bit of a concern, that in this weeks update of the Reds v Knights game on the Reds SG ball site there was no reflection on how the team played. Could it be that the coach and staff have lost a bit of interest? I certainly hope not.

grared

Back to top Go down

Post by map88 Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:11 pm

grared wrote:

Exactly right. I'll be watching the Panthers v West Sydney Academy game this coming weekend and will keep you updated on what I think our chances will be against them in a fortnight.

I find it a bit of a concern, that in this weeks update of the Reds v Knights game on the Reds SG ball site there was no reflection on how the team played. Could it be that the coach and staff have lost a bit of interest? I certainly hope not.

It would certainly be a dissapointment if indeed, the coaching staff has lost interest. However, I would like to take it as they'd prefer to keep this week under wraps, Maybe they did some stuff really well and they want the club to focus on it, with out other clubs being able to read into it. I don't know, it's just another option....I'd prefer to think they'd want to keep it secret, rather then the coach to give up, or lose interest....
map88
map88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down