Unofficial WA Reds supporters Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 8 vs Canberra Raiders

3 posters

Go down

Round 8 vs Canberra Raiders Empty Round 8 vs Canberra Raiders

Post by Redszone Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Round 8 vs Canberra Raiders 00005828-image

1. Daniel Westerduin
2. Ian Wood
3. Anthony Poi
4. Louie David
5. Dylan Rintoul
6. Eddie Proudler (c)
7. Jaline Graham
8. Kieran Culgan
9. Kaine Buckwell
10. Tom Fry
11. Clinton Strickland
12. Nathan Wall
13. Ethan Reynolds (vc)
14. Jake Collins
15. Lachlan Pattison
16. Mikey Gray
17. Ross Mati-Leifi
18. Landre Te Kahu
20. Jason Doran

COACH: Andrew Korn
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

https://wa-redszone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Round 8 vs Canberra Raiders Empty Re: Round 8 vs Canberra Raiders

Post by Redszone Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Unfortunately the WA Reds have lost their final home game of the season, going down 24-18 to the Canberra Raiders today at Ken Allen Oval
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 8 vs Canberra Raiders Empty WA Reds vs Raiders

Post by grared Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Was it as close as the score indicates, and were there any injuries??

I watched the Academy play Panthers and the Panthers won by one try. We may get our first away game win next week if all players are fit, the Panthers were very ordinary in my view.

grared

Back to top Go down

Post by Redszone Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:28 am

WA Reds Unlucky to Lose Against Canberra Raiders
An injury reduced Cash Converters WA Reds were unlucky to lose their game against the Canberra Raiders, being beaten in the last five minutes 24 to 18.
In a mixture of crucial referee decisions and a two man bench in the second half, the Reds were four points up with seven minutes to go, but could not hold the Raiders out in the closing stages.
They went close with a minute to go, but were called for a forward pass 3 metres from the line which could have given them the chance to level the scores.
The Reds went in at half time 4 to 10 down but always were in the game. Canberra coming off a big win last week made too many handling errors to the credit of a determined Reds defense.
The second half saw the Reds working their plays better with the turning point a short kick to break the line which was picked up by Louie David allowing Eddie Proudler to score after a 30 metre run.
It was an arm wrestle for the rest of the game, with the local crowd sensing a win for the Reds which was not to come.
Coach Andrew Korn was proud of the way the team played but disappointed with losing some critical decisions which appeared to turn the game.
“The guys tried so hard and gave everything they had. We had injuries coming into the game and then lost some more before the end”.
“They deserved to win today and I feel we were unlucky, but am happy to the credit of the team that there was nothing left in the tank at the end”.
Try scorers were Daniel Westerduin, Dylan Rintoul and Eddie Proudler with a goal to Jaline Graham.
Best players include Graham, Jason Doran and Clinton Strickland.
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 8 vs Canberra Raiders Empty WA Reds Ball v Raiders

Post by grared Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:52 am

What are your personal views on the game Redszone? if you were there, If they are so close to winning why can they not seal a victory?.

I thought after last weeks second half performance they were sure things, however after watching the Panthers yesterday I still feel confident of their first away victory next weekend.

grared

Back to top Go down

Post by Redszone Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:54 pm

Just a lack of experience, the final ten minutes of games is where it shows. The loss of two players during the game is also a contributing factor towards why they come so close only to miss out.

Losing 18-24 to Canberra is a positive for the WA Reds when you look at who and the quality of talent Canberra produce over the years.
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 8 vs Canberra Raiders Empty Re: [Reds SG Ball]

Post by grared Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:17 am

Yeah I guess your right, experience will come to these young blokes as time passes and they will be the better for this years experience.

Who were the two players that came off, where they replaced or injured?

It was good to read that Doran got a mention with such an important game coming up against the Panthers.

grared

Back to top Go down

Post by map88 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:45 pm

It's good that they held it to Canberra then, just a pity they couldn't take it the last few steps to put a win on the board. But there always is that saying, it's not about winning but how you play the game, And I guess at this point they should just be happy with putting a competitive effort into the game

Well done W.A Don't give up. Work hard and you will be rewarded.
map88
map88

Back to top Go down

Post by Redszone Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:43 pm

grared wrote:Yeah I guess your right, experience will come to these young blokes as time passes and they will be the better for this years experience.

Who were the two players that came off, where they replaced or injured?

It was good to read that Doran got a mention with such an important game coming up against the Panthers.

The players were injured, not sure how long they will be out for at this stage.

map88 wrote:It's good that they held it to Canberra then, just a pity they couldn't take it the last few steps to put a win on the board. But there always is that saying, it's not about winning but how you play the game, And I guess at this point they should just be happy with putting a competitive effort into the game

Well done W.A Don't give up. Work hard and you will be rewarded.
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down