Unofficial WA Reds supporters Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly Round up (18th,19th,20th)

2 posters

Go down

Weekly Round up (18th,19th,20th) Empty Weekly Round up (18th,19th,20th)

Post by Milky90 Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi Guys,
I have joined this site to keep you guys up to date with whats going on in the Super League! I will attempt to do a round up of games every week as well as posting gossip and injury news as well.

I was at the warrington game this weekend against harlequins. Everybody knows the score by now thanks to Map88, but one thing I can tell you is that the contrast in quality between the sides was incredible. Harlequins just had a bad day. They have a solid squad but they just didnt turn up on the day which is a shame because the game had the potential to be a close one. However, warrington were awesome. Absolutly incredible. This result makes Friday game against Wigan even more special!

Wigan also won over the weekend away to Huddersfield, 6-20, which is no easy feat! Credit to Wigan who are showing why they are reigning SL champions. Cannot wait for Friday's game, with both sides looking in good form leading up to it.

Bradford got a big win in their local derby with Castleford 18-14. The bad news for Castleford coming out of this is that one of their stars in their fantastic start to the season, Danny Orr, may be out for some time. He damaged a shoulder during the game. Apparently their was a scan on Monday but no news has come out about it yet. I will keep you guys updated about that one as soon as I find out Smile

St Helens are finally looking like a decent side again, even without Kyle Eastmond, after they beat Leeds Rhinos 16-30. Great away win for St Helens, especially seeing as their home form has been so poor due to their stadium change. Leeds are in big trouble. A pretty poor start to the season for a team I predicted to finish 3rd this year!

The two Hull teams also lost over the weekend. Shocking results actually as both teams were heavy favourites to win. Hull KR, who you guys may remember bout Willie Mason from the NRL, lost 34-18 to Salford. An important win for Salford, they really needed it. Their stadium, the willows, is being knocked down at the end of the season which is a shame as they have been playing their for about 110 years I think. Going to go to Salford v Warrington in a couple of months at the willows. Should be a great day out as well as probably being quite emotional. Hull FC lost at home 6-20 to Wakefield Trinity Wildcats. Big win for them seeing as they are fighting for their super league licence this season.

Last but certainly not least, Crusaders got slayed by the Catalan Dragons 22-32. Feel sorry for Crusaders because they have a decent set of players. Just cant get the results together.

I will porbably post later in the week about the wire game against wigan later in the week to annoy you all with how excited I am for it!
Milky90
Milky90

Back to top Go down

Weekly Round up (18th,19th,20th) Empty Re: Weekly Round up (18th,19th,20th)

Post by Redszone Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Welcome to the forum mate, Thanks for the weekly round up. A great read, particularly for those of us down here in Australia. Very hard to even watch games from the Super League in Australia (thanks to channel nine) let alone keep up to date with the news.
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

https://wa-redszone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Milky90 Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:33 pm

No problem! Well I have been told that you guys dont really get too much information about super league in Australia, so im here to let you in on the goings on Very Happy Hopefully there wont be too much bias towards warrington in my reports! haha.

I am also retty new to the NRL (2nd season) so I'm hoping this forum can give me info on the goings on from down under Smile
Milky90
Milky90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down