Unofficial WA Reds supporters Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rd 5 Jnr Reds v Illawarra Steelers

2 posters

Go down

Rd 5 Jnr Reds v Illawarra Steelers Empty Rd 5 Jnr Reds v Illawarra Steelers

Post by Redszone Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:49 am

WA Reds Face True Test This Weekend
The Cash Converters WA Reds face a moment of truth this weekend coming up against a side they should be well matched against in an away game.
They are yet to win on the road in their short history in the SG Ball under 18 competition and they come up against Illawarra Steelers at Wollongong who have been showing good form in recent weeks.
In the pre season this game would have been marked as a potential away win, but the Steelers have shown they are a solid side and capable of being a force in the competition.
For the Reds to win, it will be a big step in their progress and a bench mark for season 2011.
They will need to put together a full 80 minutes and not ease off as they did last week, even though they came up with the win.
Coach Andrew Korn will be working on them to retain their game plan throughout and ensure the discipline and effort is kept up at all times. If they can do it, it will be an exciting moment for the young side.
The main change for the side this week is the loss of Ian Wood due to a hand injury.
The game kicks off at 12.30pm (EDST) at WIN Stadium in Wollongong
Fullback1 Daniel Westerduin (WA)
Wing2 Nigel Anganjuan (WA)
Centre3 Landre Te Kahu (WA)
Centre4 Louie David
Wing5 Dylan Rintoul
Five-Eight6 Nathan Wall
Half7 Jaline Graham
Front Row8 Kieran Culgan
Hooker9 Eddie Proudler (c) (WA)
Front Row 10 Tom Fry (WA)
2nd Row11 Clinton Strickland
2nd Row12 Jordan Boland
Lock13 Ethan Reynolds (vc) (WA)

Interchange14 Kaine Buckwell (WA)
Interchange15 Lachlan Pattison (WA)
Interchange16 Ryan Woodruff (WA)
Interchange17 Ross Mati-Leifi
Emergency18 Mikey Gray (WA)
Emergency19 Jason Doran
Admin

https://wa-redszone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rd 5 Jnr Reds v Illawarra Steelers Empty WA Reds vs Illawarra

Post by grared Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:33 pm

I watched the game against Illawarra today and came away very dissapointed. I felt the game was there for the Reds to take the 2 points at half time, hoewever in extremley windy and rainy conditions they capitulated with poor ball handling, silly penalties and poor kicking.

I was told at the ground that the number 9 Jake Collins is returning from the East Coast in the very near future so this may give the team a lot more direction around the rucks and dummy half.

grared

Back to top Go down

Rd 5 Jnr Reds v Illawarra Steelers Empty Re: Rd 5 Jnr Reds v Illawarra Steelers

Post by Redszone Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Yeah definitely a little dissapointing but the thing to remember in my opinion is this is the Reds second season in the worlds toughest under 18s competition in the world up against one of the favouites for this year.

I don't think the reds were embarrassed in any sense of the word. Final score was 24-6, if I remember correctly, Illawarra over WA. I'll confirm that tomorrow when I have my result page with me.
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Redszone Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:17 pm

Also, I wonder if Jake's trip away from the team was family related and therefore the reason why there isn't news about it.
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down