Unofficial WA Reds supporters Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 3 vs Western Suburbs Magpies

2 posters

Go down

Round 3 vs Western Suburbs Magpies Empty Round 3 vs Western Suburbs Magpies

Post by Redszone Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:55 am

After winning their second game of the season at home last week, the Cash Converters WA Reds face a big task taking on Western Suburbs at Concord Oval in their first away game for the year.
The travel will be a factor, but also facing up to the Magpies after two wins in their first two games this year. They ran away with a 72 to 10 win in week one against St George then pipped the fancied Bulldogs last week 18 to 15.
There has been one change this week with Kaine Buckwell coming in for Michael Edwards.
The game kicks off at 12noon (EDST)

Fullback 1 Daniel Westerduin
Wing 2 Ian Wood
Centre 3 Anthony Poi
Centre 4 Louie David
Wing 5 Dylan Rintoul
Five-Eight 6 Eddie Proudler
Half 7 Jaline Graham
Front Row 8 Tom Fry
Hooker 9 Jake Collins
Front Row 10 Ross Mati-Leifi
2nd Row 11 Ethan Reynolds
2nd Row 12 Kieran Culgan
Lock 13 Nathan Wall

Interchange 14 Kaine Buckwell
Interchange 15 Clinton Strickland
Interchange 16 Mikey Gray
Interchange 17 Jason Doran
Emergency 18 Nigel Anganjuan
Emergency 19 Lachlan Pattison

http://wareds.cmail2.com/t/ViewEmail/y/863CEEC2890679B2/D5C182D50969845BC9C291422E3DE149
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

https://wa-redszone.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Round 3 vs Western Suburbs Magpies Empty Re: Round 3 vs Western Suburbs Magpies

Post by Redszone Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:37 am

Full time Score

Western Suburbs Magpies 44-8 Western Australia Reds.

Western Australia were up against he form team of the competitions and first place. The Western Suburbs smashed the St. George Dragons 72-10 in Round 1. Western Australia had to travel over from the West to meet the Magpies in the Suburb of concord, a long trip for the boys in Red, Black and silver that was met with a smashing loss after a good win against the Melbourne Storm in Fremantle last week. Hopefully the WA boys don't loss too much confidence out of this and take it to the Western Sydney Academy of Sport when they meet them at next week at Ken Allen Field, Fremantle, WA.
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Redszone Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:07 pm

Saturday, March 05, 2011

WA Reds Go Down in First Road Trip
The Cash Converters WA Reds showed they still have a way to go when they went down to Western Suburbs Magpies 42 to 8 in their first road trip for the season. It was always going to be a hard game for the side, but they did not get up to the same level of the previous week.
In the first half the side was sluggish and seemed to be lacking in most areas. The defense was soft and they were slow to the line. Going in at half time the Reds were down 26 to 4 and needed to lift.
The second half was a little better and the Reds challenged a lot more but they were unable to break through the Magpies who proved a quality side. What are most disappointing were the crucial mistakes made. Although the confidence did lift a bit, the boys will need to learn from this game and get more consistent week in week out.
Coach Andrew Korn was disappointed with the outcome knowing they can do better.
“They were slow today and did not get up to the standard needed. Against quality sides like this they need to make the adjustment. We may have to look at changes to get the right balance for the side.”
“We now have to get ready for the next three weeks when we face up to sides which we match up to better on and have a chance of winning.”
The two try scorers were Jaline Graham and Louie David, with better players including Mikey Gray, Keiran Culgan and Ethan Reynolds.
Next week the WA Reds play at home to Western Sydney, then play Illawarra in Wollongong before meeting Central Coast at home again.
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 3 vs Western Suburbs Magpies Empty WA Reds SG Ball

Post by grared Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:09 am

I hear the reds have lost two players back to the East coast over the past two weeks, no 9 and no 7, both, in my opinion were very good players, what has happened and will there be more to go in the near future?

grared

Back to top Go down

Post by Redszone Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:47 pm

grared wrote:I hear the reds have lost two players back to the East coast over the past two weeks, no 9 and no 7, both, in my opinion were very good players, what has happened and will there be more to go in the near future?

G'day mate, Welcome to the WA-redszone forum site.

I have no heard anything of this sort which has been the reason it has taken me so long to reply to you. I asked my sources and they have no heard anything yet either. If true, i'm sure the WA Reds will have an explanation in the next few weeks.
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 3 vs Western Suburbs Magpies Empty WA Reds SG Ball

Post by grared Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:26 am

Yes it's true alright.

Keep me updated with the reason behind them leaving if you wouldn't mind. I just hope no more are leaving.

grared

Back to top Go down

Post by Redszone Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:17 pm

All news on the WA Reds SG ball squad will be here.
Redszone
Redszone
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down